Monday, September 27, 2010

Busy, Busy, Busy!

Holidays are supposed to be a time of excitement and relaxing. We have the first bit under control, the excitement is building in our household until we are all nearly at bursting point!!!!

Our family arrive from the eastern states on Wednesday. My house will be transformed into the party house as we attempt to squeeze 18 of us into it. The shower roster might be an interesting one, either that or we all just put lots of extra deodorant on.

The relaxing part is far from coming. The last few days have been spent with party preparations for Leg's 40th and getting the house ready for the hordes. I will relax when the holidays are over I think!

While all of this is going on, I also have to remember that there is an ABR clinic just around the corner and I am responsible for organising it. Luckily for me, I got most of it done straight after the last clinic, knowing that this was going to be a mad time for me but as always, there are little bits that just have to be done at the last minute.

We did Caitlin's video tonight. I'm unsure how I am feeling about it. I know there have been changes and so many of them in the past, but I'm just not sure I can see much. Have we hit the wall and got as much out of ABR as we are going to get?????
I hope not but as she is getting bigger and stronger and harder to handle, it is hard to see the positives. But then I have to remind myself that the surgeon was really happy with her and doesn't want to see her for another 2 years - most families I know that see the surgeon, walk away with a date for surgery. ABR has to be partially responsible, if not completely responsible for this.

I guess I will have a better idea after I get to talk to Sarah and Jenson and tell them how I'm feeling. Maybe it's just because it is such a long slow process and I'm getting a bit sick of it all. Time for a break maybe???

Can't wait till I write my next post as the family will be here and I will be on cloud nine ( and probably very stinky ). Until then.........

No comments:

Post a Comment