Tuesday, July 27, 2010

Some Weeks just suck!!!!

Well, this week has not had a good start for us.

Our family has suffered a devastating blow. My beautiful aunt and uncle were killed in a horrible accident and my cousin was injured and has a huge mountain to climb.

I have such fantastic memories of both my Aunty and Uncle. I remember my Aunties amazing cooking and going mud crabbing with my Uncle. I remember driving in their green jeep that had no roof and thinking it was the coolest car ever and I remember them coming to watch me play tball and freezing their back sides off when everyone else was hot!!! I remember my uncle taking me to the most northern part of Australia and showing me a cave that had bats in it!!!! It's very unfair and my heart is truly aching for my cousins, especially the one who was in the car.

This week has made me realise how much I love my family and how I need to make more of an effort with the extended family that I have around me. Family is so important and should be treasured, not taken for granted.

I have three beautiful children, the most loving and supportive husband, amazing parents, an awesome brother and the most delightful in laws and their families - how blessed am I !!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment