Saturday, February 13, 2010

A Week of Up's and Down's

This has been one of the toughest weeks we have had in a long time.

On Friday we went to Emma's funeral and it was so, so sad. I am still finding it hard to believe that she has gone and I will never get to see her again. Sarah and Michael put together a beautiful service that really reflected Emma. They talked a little about ABR and our trips to Singapore together. These are memories I will always treasure and never forget.

On Saturday, feeling completely emotionally and physically exhausted, we were up early and out the door for Grace's tball game and then a fundraiser for Caitlin. On one hand it was such a successful day and made me realise what wonderful family and friends we have surrounding us, that were prepared to come out and stand in the heat all day to help us, it also made me realise how generous strangers can be but it was tinged with a sense of guilt knowing that we were getting on with things and planning for the future while Sarah and Michael were at home struggling with their grief.

At the end of the day we raised over $3000 for Caitlin which is another ABR trip. The fundraiser was a success and we will back to do it all again next year.

Hopefully this week will be a little smoother......... only time will tell.
Until then, give those that you love a big hug, I know I certainly am and I will let you know how this week turns out soon.

1 comment:

  1. My deepest sympathies for Sarah and Michael, and I certainly hope you and your family feel better soon as well.

    ReplyDelete